The 2017 Toyota 86 marks the return of the legendary sports car that many enthusiasts cherish! This ready-to-roll coupe boasts a four-cylinder engine that produces 205 hp while earning up to an EPA-estimated 32 highway mpg. That type of balance is rarely found in sports cars. The new Toyota 86 is coming back with a bang with a noticeably long list of standard comfort, exterior, and technology features.
The 2017 Toyota 86 is available with a manual or automatic transmission.
2016 Toyota 86 L
- Engine: 2.0-Liter Four-Cylinder Horizontally Opposed Engine with DOHC 16-Valve Cylinder Heads and Dual Variable Valve Timing
- Transmission: Six-speed manual, Six-speed automatic
- Performance: 205 horsepower and 156 lb-ft of torque
- Fuel Economy: 21/28/24 MPG City/Highway/Combined (manual), 24/32/37 MPG City/Highway/Combined (automatic)*
- Exterior Features: Variable intermittent front windshield wipers, LED projector low- and high-beam and turn signals with embossed “86” lens, Rear window defogger, Rear combination lights with all-LED lighting (brake and turn signal indicators), 17-inch twisted spoke alloy wheels, Color-keyed power outside mirrors, Aerodynamic lower diffuser on rear bumper, “86” front fender badge, Dual chrome-tipped exhaust, LED Daytime Running Lights
- Interior Features: Knee support cushions for spirited driving, Multi-Information Display, Multi-function in-key remote keyless entry system, Granlux suede-like material accents on door panels and interior surround with “86” embossed passenger-side logo, Four-piece carpeted floor mats, Power door locks, Cruise control, Air conditioning, Power windows with driver and front passenger auto up/down and jam protection, Engine immobilizer, Backup camera, Sport front bucket seats with Black shoulder pads, Leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel with silver-colored stitching and “86” center cap logo and audio controls, One-piece folding rear seatback, Dual sun visors with vanity mirrors, Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- Radio and Technology: Phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology, Roof-mounted color-keyed shark-fin AM/FM antenna, AM/FM player, HD Radio Technology, Auxiliary audio jack, Voice recognition with voice training, Aha Radio app with over 100,000 stations, USB 2.0 port with iPod connectivity and control, Hands-free phone capability, Steering wheel audio controls, Eight speakers, Gracenote album cover art, 7-inch touch-screen display, integrated backup camera display
Standard Safety Features
- Star Safety System™ - includes Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology®(SST)
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Track Mode
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Six airbags - includes driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System, driver and front passenger outboard seat-mounted side airbags, and front and rear side curtain airbags
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions, driver-side Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) and Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR) on all passenger belts
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
- ToyotaCare featuring a no cost maintenance plan with roadside assistance
The 2017 Toyota 86 may be fast, but it isn’t without its safety features. Advanced features like Toyota’s Star Safety System ensure that occupants are protected no matter what happens on the road. This sports car is out to prove its mettle as one of the best in the business. Check out the new Toyota 86 with a test drive today!
* 2016 EPA-estimated city/highway mileage. Actual mileage will vary.